Mission: We are a rapid response creative production team, made up of comedy writers, comedians and activists, on call 24/7 to make videos, artistic memes and create national actions that respond instantly to the breaking news surrounding reproductive rights issues. We will within minutes, or hours, blast the perpetrators dispensing damaging information about abortion, crisis pregnancy centers, birth control as well as taking down those who shame and stigmatize women for wanting, having and demanding safe and healthy sex lives on their own terms. At Lady Parts Justice League, we vigilantly drop information about what’s at stake for reproductive access into pop culture spaces, AND we bring all the fun of pop culture back to reproductive health spaces to boost morale and provide aid and comfort. A crucial part of our mission is to support and raise awareness about independent abortion providers – clinics that bear the brunt of anti-abortion legislation and harassment.
Volunteer form/page: http://ladypartsjusticeleague.com/clinic-outreach/
What volunteers do:
- several times a year, the League performs comedy shows in a USO format to bring love to women’s health clinics and their communities; volunteers spend those days supporting a local abortion provider as clinic escorts, bringing treats and cards, offering support wherever needed
- organize evening events
- host parties
- help fundraise
- perform shows in community places to raise awareness about reproductive health while building relationships between clinics, advocates, and communities
Mission: Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central, and Southern New Jersey, Inc. (PPNCSNJ) provides high-quality, comprehensive, accessible, and affordable reproductive and complementary health care services, emphasizing privacy, confidentiality, dignity and sexual self-determination. We advocate for public policies that guarantee these rights and ensure access to such services. We provide and support education programs that expand understanding of human sexuality.
What volunteers do: While our volunteers work in many different areas of Planned Parenthood, they may:
- Assist in distributing educational materials at health fairs and community events.
- Assist with advocacy work surrounding reproductive rights, including legislative updates and voter registration.
- Assist with development work.